The signs of a nation in collapse are exposed when the people appreciate what is despicable. They call evil good and good evil (Is. 5:20). The TIME 20 list includes many who are haters of God and haters of good. But this one person, Margaret Sanger, has been reincarnated for death hundreds of millions of times – death of live babies; death of babies to be; death of marriages; death of bodies and minds through STD’s and other curses of licentiousness. The heartache, the suicides, and the scalding and dismemberment of real humans is ignored for the idol of freedom to choose.
Feminist killer of womanhood, Gloria Steinem, wrote the piece for TIME explaining Sanger’s significance. She, as usual, is sunny about what is dark: (more…)
Hillary Clinton came down here to Malawi and after she left, the local newspapers reported that she pledged to give more of our money to Malawi, even though our national debt is about $100,000 per household.
“Clinton toured an educational summer camp for girls run by the Peace Corps, where the curriculum includes sexual health and birth control. Later, Clinton’s party bumped down a long dirt track to a U.S.-sponsored milk-production cooperative where farmers can also be tested and treated for HIV” (from the Washington Post).
Meanwhile, in a small Malawian church, another delegation from the U.S. was preaching a different message…
|How a Family Is a Teaching Tool on the Mission Field|
Another aspect of uncharted waters is that outstanding U.S. federal debt has doubled in the last four years, resulting in a nearly $100,000 per household liability (and rising at the rate of $12,000 per year) associated with that debt. Who will buy this mounting debt, and at what rate, are questions everyone asks but for which there are no clear answers. Over the past 18 months, the Federal Reserve has been the primary purchaser of newly issued federal debt, with the private sector a net seller. Will the Fed be able and willing to purchase newly issued federal debt? This is an important question, as the Fed is artificially keeping interest rates near zero across the yield curve. But no one (including the Fed) knows what the Fed will do, because we have never before witnessed such monetary expansion by the Fed.
Why are we facing the ever-expanding socialization of medicine in America? Could it have something to do with the fact that the average American church’s contribution to the diaconate is a negligible proportion of the church budget? Kevin Swanson interviews Scott T. Brown, director of the National Center for Family-Integrated Churches, on the rise of socialism and the failure of the church in 21st century America. Listen to the interview here.
As we enter into the season of political races and decisions about who to vote for, the most important consideration is, “What does the Bible say about what qualifies a civil leader?” I saw an illustration of this while at Mt. Vernon at the grave of Bushrod Washington, the President’s nephew. He was a U.S. Supreme Court associate justice from 1798 to 1829. This is the kind of civil leader the Bible says we should promote. Here is what was written on his grave stone:
As a Judge, he was
Wise and Just.
“A man of Truth, hating
Firm in every honour-
-able purpose and pursuit.
Yet gentle, humane and
A sincere Christian.
Doing in all things the
will of his Master.
And resting his hope of
Alone on the righteousness
of Jesus Christ.
The United States Government has done it again! With the recent Supreme Court validation of ObamaCare, it has usurped the role of individual citizens to care for themselves and will punish them through taxation if they try. The “Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave” has taken another giant leap towards the “land of the oppressed and home of the coward.” However, hope for America does not depend on Republican control of the White House and Congress, but instead in the rising awakening of churches and families who desire to be governed by scripture. I am connected with many of these and have much hope, regardless of the big government threat.
First, let’s examine what just happened. The Supreme Court’s validation of the Affordable Care Act can seem confusing, but it boils down to a simple fact. Under the Constitution, Congress cannot compel you to buy something, but it can tax you for not complying. Passing this law means that the Court creatively justified something that is wrong in principle. They used the Constitution to abuse the Constitution. It was legislative licentiousness.
But all of this is nothing new! (more…)
- Men are obligated to teach their wives and children the Word of God.
- Men are held responsible for the outcome of their family lives.
- Men must ensure that their whole families and everyone else around them should celebrate the Sabbath.
- Men, not women, are obligated to lead the church.
- Men are in a role of headship over their wives.
- Men must bring up their children in the training and admonition of the Lord, not the ways of the gentiles.
- Men do not have exclusive authority over their own bodies since their wives also have authority.
- Men are sent to serve, not be served, by loving their wives as Christ loved the church, laying down their lives for them.
- Fathers’ hearts should be turned toward their children.
- Men protect women.
- Homosexuality is sin.
- Women should be keepers at home.
- Women should submit and obey their husbands following the example of Sarah and regard their husbands as "lord."
- Women should dress modestly.
- Women should be fruitful and multiply.
- Younger women should be taught by older women.
- Women should not kill their babies made in the image of God.
- Wives don’t own their own bodies, their husbands do.
- Wives should respect their husbands.
- Women should not be busybodies – chat rooms, blogs, and Facebook.
- Women should not exercise authority over men.
- Lesbianism is evil.
Has the moral battle over homosexuality been won?
Yes, says Linda Hirshman in her new book, Victory – The Triumphant Gay Revolution. She presents the idea that 2011 was the year of moral triumph of the LGBT movement. So is it true that we have passed the tipping point and now the leverage has taken over and the slide is unstoppable? (more…)