When I posted on, “What an ungodly culture hates about what God says about women,” I received some good responses. Here are two of them.
My friend Penn Linder wrote this:
1. Do not overwork to be rich, those who don’t work don’t eat. Work not with eyeservice as men-pleasers but as bondservants of Christ. He who does not provide for his own is worse than an infidel.
2. Men should love their wives as their own bodies as Christ does the church and gave himself for her. Nourish and cherish your wives.
3. Men should not lust after women with their eyes and commit adultery with them in their hearts.
4. Men do not have authority over their own bodies, their wives do.
5. Men should be fruitful and multiply with their own wife. Do not cast all of the growth of your children unto your wives or unto other people, but train them yourselves in the admonition of the Lord.
6. Men should be submissive to one another.
7. Men should not commit fornication and adultery and then kill the baby made in the image of God to cover their sin and flee responsibility.
8. Men should dwell with their wives with understanding, giving honor as to the weaker vessel. Do not be bitter toward them.
9. Men should put off anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. Men should be full of thanks, not filthiness, foolish talking, nor course jesting.
10. Do not speak evil of any ruler, submit to the government, pay your taxes, obey every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake.
Men, doing all of these will require you to put aside most hobbies and entertainment.
Here are ten more from former NCFIC Intern, Thomas Dellinger:
1. Men should be leaders in their home (spiritual and physical)
2. Men must be as Christ and lead by example to their wives (tyranny is not Christ-like leadership)
3. Men must guard their eyes (no exceptions allowed)
4. Men don’t own their own bodies, their wives do (Men must exemplify humility toward their wives)
5. Men must be willing to sacrifice for their children (all hobbies)
6. Young Men should be taught by older men (not their peers)
7. Men must be willing to take responsibility for their mistakes (no matter how great)
8. Husband should love their wives (not their TV)
9. Men should be about their father’s business (not games)
10. Men must exercise their authority in LOVE (gentleness is manly)
Continue Reading »